- RSS Channel Showcase 8360185
- RSS Channel Showcase 8903252
- RSS Channel Showcase 2975033
- RSS Channel Showcase 1414936
Articles on this Page
- 08/26/14--02:13: _Do These 3 Things B...
- 08/27/14--15:53: _Guerilla Marijuana ...
- 08/27/14--17:05: _Extreme Training Te...
- 09/09/14--00:18: _Increase Your Yield...
- 10/09/14--07:53: _Top 3 Soil Products...
- 10/16/14--09:27: _Growing Sativa Mari...
- 10/16/14--09:44: _Complete Guide to S...
- 10/17/14--07:53: _3 Ways to Know You’...
- 10/17/14--08:12: _Bad pH Can Kill You...
- 10/27/14--17:00: _Marijuana Transplan...
- 12/26/14--01:00: _Maximum Yield Marij...
- 12/28/14--01:00: _Trimming & Manicuri...
- 01/11/15--01:00: _Cold Weather Mariju...
- 02/04/15--00:00: _Five Rules For Succ...
- 02/25/15--01:00: _Cannabis Capsule Ma...
- 03/02/15--01:00: _Making the Most of ...
- 03/03/15--01:00: _Marijuana Growing G...
- 03/04/15--01:00: _Subcool Says: You C...
- 03/10/15--02:00: _Marijuana Motherpla...
- 03/11/15--02:00: _Hydroponics Marijua...
- 08/26/14--02:13: Do These 3 Things Before You Start Your New Marijuana Growing Season
- 08/27/14--15:53: Guerilla Marijuana Growers Tricks – Big Buds Magazine
- 08/27/14--17:05: Extreme Training Techniques for Maximum Medical Marijuana Harvests
- 09/09/14--00:18: Increase Your Yields With Marijuana Boot Camp
- 10/09/14--07:53: Top 3 Soil Products for Marijuana Growers
- 10/16/14--09:27: Growing Sativa Marijuana: Insider Strategies #1
- 10/16/14--09:44: Complete Guide to Stopping Powdery Mildew On Your Marijuana Plants
- 10/17/14--07:53: 3 Ways to Know You’re a Professional Marijuana Grower
- 10/17/14--08:12: Bad pH Can Kill Your Marijuana Plants—And You Too!
- 10/27/14--17:00: Marijuana Transplanting: Make it Safe & Effective for Higher Yields
- 12/26/14--01:00: Maximum Yield Marijuana Hypocrisy
- 12/28/14--01:00: Trimming & Manicuring Your Marijuana Buds
- 01/11/15--01:00: Cold Weather Marijuana Growing Tips
- 02/04/15--00:00: Five Rules For Successful Marijuana Cloning
- 02/25/15--01:00: Cannabis Capsule Making With Subcool
- 03/02/15--01:00: Making the Most of Your Marijuana Motherplant, Part One
- 03/04/15--01:00: Subcool Says: You Can Make Marijuana Clones, Without Mother Plants!
- 03/10/15--02:00: Marijuana Motherplants: Root Pruning & Lighting, Part Two
- 03/11/15--02:00: Hydroponics Marijuana Grow Guide
If you’ve ever taken time off from growing marijuana, you know that a re-start of your cannabis garden can involve serious analysis, planning and maybe even spending money to upgrade your grow room. Many marijuana growers take time off from growing during summer, for family vacations, and other reasons. The data in this article is […]
The post Do These 3 Things Before You Start Your New Marijuana Growing Season appeared first on Big Buds Magazine.
Guerilla marijuana growing has its charms… Long hikes in the forest with an 80 pound pack of grow supplies, trying to deliver water without wrecking the environment, and of course, how to avoid getting busted or robbed. One sad fact is that cannabis outdoor flowering phase often coincides with hunting season, adding additional concerns especially […]
The post Guerilla Marijuana Growers Tricks – Big Buds Magazine appeared first on Big Buds Magazine.
Pruning, shaping, and topping marijuana plants increases yield, make marijuana plants easier to work with, opens the plant canopy for better light absorption and can give you more bud for the same amount of space. One day I was with another professional marijuana grower on a a visit to a wine vineyard. We saw vines trained […]
The post Extreme Training Techniques for Maximum Medical Marijuana Harvests appeared first on Big Buds Magazine.
When I first started growing cannabis, I babied my plants from start to finish, and worried about them like they were my children. I treated them not like weeds but like fragile green life forms that might wither up and die if they got too hot or too cold. I spent so much time looking […]
Growing marijuana in soil is a mixed blessing for growers. Soil is more forgiving when it comes to root zone pH and nutrients buffering, but is almost impossible to totally control when it comes to feed programs and root zone problems…especially when compared to a pure hydroponics system such as aeroponics or deep water culture. […]
As we’ve discussed before in an article about Sativa and Indica cannabis, it’s getting harder to describe marijuana strains accurately using words like Sativa and Indica. Almost everything is hybridized, even when a marijuana breeder says it isn’t. Before we dive into the mysteries of Sativa genetics and growing, just know that authentic pure Sativa and […]
There’s something in the air that marijuana growers don’t like—powdery mildew. This hardworking spore floats around in the air, and also lives on leaves, other surfaces and materials, and in soil. If you’re unlucky, powdery mildew spores find your cannabis leaves and infects them. The infection looks like clumped, sticky sand poured onto your marijuana […]
The post Complete Guide to Stopping Powdery Mildew On Your Marijuana Plants appeared first on Big Buds Magazine.
We often talk about “professional” marijuana growers, and some people ask what we mean by that. Are we talking only about people who make a lot of money growing marijuana, or something else? So here are three ways to know you’re a professional marijuana grower… * You can be sure of a successful cannabis harvest […]
The post 3 Ways to Know You’re a Professional Marijuana Grower appeared first on Big Buds Magazine.
Marijuana growers know that the pH of your nutrients water and root zone powerfully impact your marijuana plants. It would take hours to explain the complex chemistry behind pH and how pH influences all organisms, not just marijuana plants. For us as cannabis growers, the important facts are that pH is a measure of the acidity […]
The post Bad pH Can Kill Your Marijuana Plants—And You Too! appeared first on Big Buds Magazine.
One of my marijuana farms is a combination of indoor and outdoor growing. Most of our marijuana plants live outdoors and are planted in pots full of neutral soil, and they get liquid feeding. We use Iguana Juice and Mother Earth Super Tea as our main fertilizers. We start with marijuana clones or seedlings in […]
The post Marijuana Transplanting: Make it Safe & Effective for Higher Yields appeared first on Big Buds Magazine.
Marijuana growers depend on hydroponics stores and the hydroponics industry, including magazines and other media, for grow supplies and information about growing marijuana. When you shop for marijuana grow supplies, you gotta know people are totally chill with you growing marijuana, that they grow marijuana and understand what you as a grower have to deal […]
After many weeks of guiding your marijuana plants through grow and bloom phase, you’re ready to harvest. Harvesting is just the first step in a multi-step process that makes your buds ready to use and ready to market. These steps are: harvesting, trimming, manicuring, drying, and curing. Today we’re focused on harvesting, trimming, and manicuring, […]
Winter is here, and it’s the prime growing season for indoor marijuana because grow room heat is an asset in the winter rather than a liability. But sometimes cold weather can be a marijuana grow room disaster. For example, I read on BigBudsMag.com about a marijuana grower in Michigan who struggled through an ice storm […]
Marijuana growers have two choices when it comes to starting new plants: grow from seed, or grow from clone. Nowadays, it’s easier to buy marijuana clones than ever before, especially if you’re in Colorado or Washington. And marijuana clones do offer advantages that growing cannabis from seed can’t offer… Growing from clones you’re sure to […]
It’s probably not a big secret to my readers that I smoke a lot of cannabis. I’ve been a toker for over 30 years and after all those bong hits, my lungs are not what they used to be. In fact, I have COPD, which is a bad disease that’s messing up my lungs. Cannabis […]
I was talking to a newbie marijuana grower who started growing in his 2000-watt home grow room in Colorado only a year ago, and when I mentioned marijuana motherplants to him, he didn’t really know what I meant. I explained that marijuana motherplants are cherished female plants kept alive in vegetative phase (grow phase) for […]
The post Making the Most of Your Marijuana Motherplant, Part One appeared first on Big Buds Magazine.
When I asked the grower journalists and photographers at BigBudsMag.com who their cannabis cultivation role models are, they said: Ed Rosenthal, Jorge Cervantes, and Michael Straumietis. Straumietis is the only owner of a hydroponics nutrients company to ever publicly embrace marijuana growing and provide advice for growers. But he hasn’t yet written marijuana grow books […]
The post Marijuana Growing Guru Jorge Cervantes Expert Cannabis Cultivation Videos appeared first on Big Buds Magazine.
Cloning is an aspect of marijuana grower’s science that’s really hard for some people to master. I know seasoned marijuana growers who still struggle with production of healthy, happy cuttings. Most growers use motherplants to take cuttings from, but the method I teach doesn’t require motherplants to be kept, and so it’s extra important to […]
The post Subcool Says: You Can Make Marijuana Clones, Without Mother Plants! appeared first on Big Buds Magazine.
Marijuana motherplants are favorite marijuana females (or males, if you’re a professional cannabis seed breeder who needs fresh pollen) that you keep alive for months or even years. Most of us only have female motherplants if we have motherplants at all, and this is the second of a series on marijuana motherplants. Motherplants are kept […]
The post Marijuana Motherplants: Root Pruning & Lighting, Part Two appeared first on Big Buds Magazine.
When marijuana growing expert Michael Straumietis visits a marijuana garden to help the grower maximize plant health and harvest yield, the first thing he does is a safety check, looking for defective equipment, hazardous chemicals, or conditions that create risk of electrocution or fire. He wants to make sure the electrical supply is adequate for indoor […]